RECYCLING AND SOLID WASTE DEPARTMENT
The Mercer County Recycling/Solid Waste Department’s mission is to develop and implement the Mercer County Municipal Solid Waste Management (MSW) Plan.
The Mercer County Recycling/Solid Waste Department will work towards its mission by:
- Providing convenient recycling opportunities,
- Providing recycling and collection opportunities for hard-to-dispose materials such as tires, electronics, and household hazardous waste,
- Providing technical assistance to businesses, institutions, organizations, and municipalities,
- Partnerships with like-minded organizations and agencies,
- Conducting public education programs to raise awareness about proper waste management and its benefits, and
- Assisting municipalities and businesses in meeting regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal recycling and waste management laws.
News and Events
Special Collection Event
Saturday, September 23, 2023
9 AM - 1 PM
REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR ELECTRONICS AND HHW AND LIMITED TO 200 VEHICLES.
Please show up at your selected time to help keep the event running smoothly. Vehicles not registered will be turned away.
Register online: www.nobleenviro.com
Or call Noble Environmental at 412-567-6566
Traveling Glass Recycle Bin
SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2023
Mercer Avenue, Hermitage, PA 16148
Across from Morefield Cemetery
PRC has rolled out a Traveling Glass Bin program – a week-long, rotating self-serve collection model:
- A contact-free, self-serve drop-off service
- A week-long collection schedule
- Free to residents, hosted by communities/commercial sites for a fee
Click Here For More Details
Hard-to-Recycle Collection Events
2nd Tuesday of Each Month
9 AM - 1 PM
The Lawrence-Mercer Recycling/Solid Waste Department offers a program for the collection of select hard-to-recycle items. Collection days are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 9 AM to 1 PM, and transition between locations in Mercer and Lawrence counties. This makes the program accessible to as many people as possible.